Please find below a letter from Mr Hoskins to the your child. Please take the time to read it with your child to explain the expectations of remote learning. We home you find it supportive.
Remote learning will come in various forms:
- Maths Provision – Three maths lessons will be provided weekly via Google Classroom. These will consist of a combination of videos created by a class teacher and tasks to complete. In addition, you can also find on Google Classroom three Daily Maths Meeting slides and an arithmetic pack. These are the same as the children would have received in school and children should be familiar with the expectations of the tasks.
- English Provision – Similar to maths, three English lessons can be accessed via Google Classroom consisting of videos and tasks. There is also the text for Guided Reading and relevant questions that children can complete.
- Reading Plus – Children should aim to complete 5 reading lessons and one vocabulary lesson on Reading Plus per week.
- PE provision – Mr Smart has kindly agreed to put a video on Google Classroom each week to encourage children to be physically active.
- PSHE – Each week a lesson will be available on Google Classroom linked to the year group’s current PSHE topic.
If you do not know your child’s username or password for any of these online tools, please contact the school office who will be able to help you.
- Foundation Provision – Your child should continue with workbooks being taught in school. Please aim to complete one lesson in each booklet per week. Please do not do more than this. Check with the weekly timetable on Google Classroom to see which lesson your child should be doing.
A weekly timetable will be published on Google Classroom outlining the expectations for each day. Children should aim to complete 4 activities each day.
This work can be supplemented with working on the spellings for the week, Times Tables Rock Stars, Spelling Shed and Sumdog.
In addition to this, we encourage you to continue to read with your child and enjoy books together. Your child has a log in for ePlatform where you can access a wide range of eBooks.
How to submit work on Google Classroom:
A guide to using Google classroom
A guide to using E-Platform
A guide to using Reading Plus
If you require anything from this page as a hard copy, please contact the school office.