In order to maximise learning during this period, we suggest that your child has a quiet designated place to complete activities away from possible distractions and has all necessary equipment to hand before they start, such as the work books and pencils. Home learning is also most productive when children have a clear work routine.
Remote learning during this period of isolation will come in various forms:
- Maths Provision – Via Google Classroom your child can access the Daily Maths Meetings and Arithmetic that are being used in school. This can be supplemented with Times Tables Rock Stars and Sumdog.
- Reading Plus– Children should aim to complete 5 reading lessons and one vocabulary lesson on Reading Plus per week.
- Guided Reading - Via Google Classroom your child can access the Guided Reading text and questions that are being used this week.
- Spelling Shed - Spelling Shed can also be used to practise spelling.
If your child has not accessed Google Classroom before they will find an invite in their gmail emails.
If you do not know your child’s username or password for any of these online tools, please contact the school office, who will be able to help you.
These resources can be collected from the school reception. Please phone in advance so that they can be pre prepared.
- Maths Provision – A collection of White Rose workbooks linked to units covered in the Autumn Term. These all have honesty cards so that children can self mark.
- Foundation Provision – Your child should continue with workbooks being taught in school. Please aim to complete one lesson in each booklet per week.
In addition to this, we encourage you to continue to read with your child and enjoy books together. Your child has a log in for ePlatform where you can access a wide range of eBooks.
If we have a situation where we have a confirmed covid-19 case and have to close a part of the school, we have a second tier of support that will make use of the same Google Classroom platform. Information regarding this will be shared as and when it needs to be.
A guide to using Google classroom
A guide to using E-Platform
A guide to using Reading Plus
If you require anything from this page as a hard copy, please contact the school office.